Last Modified Date: 02/14/2017
- What data we collect and why we collect it,
- How we protect your information and how we use it.
ZipSocket respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
We my change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to our policy on this page with date of the change. If we make any substantial changes to how we treat your personal information we will put a notice of the change on our home page.
We know that it is essential to protect the personal information of your children. If you are under 13, you may use ZipSocket.com only with the involvement of a parent, guardian, or teacher.
If you are under 13, please do not provide any personal information on this Website including your full name, address, telephone number, or email address.
Information We Collect About You, And How We Collect It
The personal information we collect about you enables us to provide a more personalized and improved ZipSocket experience. Here are the following ways we collect personal information:
Information you give us: Generally, you can use our Website without providing any personally identifying information about yourself. The only time we collect personal information is when you proactively provide it to us. This can occur when providing your participant name or by providing information through our feedback form or through a form to request more information about ZipSocket.
We may also collect information you directly provide us when you send an email or contact us directly. Such personal information may include your name, email, and telephone number. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic and personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, games, offers, and other activities in connection with ZipSocket.
- Automatic information: When you use ZipSocket.com we automatically receive and store certain types of anonymous information. This includes your internet protocol (IP) address, the web browser or device you are using, how you used the website, and what website you came from. We use this information for internal business purposes in order to improve our services and ensure we are providing the best experience for our users.
Audio recordings: When you attempt to connect to a meeting, ZipSocket.com uses the microphone of your device to listen and record sounds surrounding your device. You initiate audio capture by clicking on the logo. You can see a waveform animation indicating when the audio capture is occurring. ZipSocket stops recording when you click the logo, or after a timeout.
The audio file recorded from your device is sent to the cloud and compared with other audio files from users connecting at the same time. Your audio files “expire”, and are no longer useful for connecting after a short period (less than 10 seconds) and are deleted as soon as possible after that.
Uploaded Content: You are able to upload content, such as URLs, to present to other users during a meeting. In general, if you can see your uploaded content in the ZipSocket control panel, it means ZipSocket is also storing a copy of that content in the cloud, ready for sharing in a meeting. If you remove your content from ZipSocket, it is deleted from the cloud as soon as possible. Here are some examples:
- If you see that content being presented in the content area of a meeting, it means that ZipSocket is maintaining a copy of that content in the cloud. Other users in that meeting can also see it in their browsers.
- If you exit a meeting, your uploaded content is automatically removed from other users’ browsers. Note, however, that it is may be possible for users from your meeting to access shared URLs after they have been unshared, using their browser history or by monitoring their network traffic.
- You can remove your uploaded content from the meeting by clicking on the “x” next to the content. If you delete content from your control panel, ZipSocket also deletes it from the cloud.
- If you close the browser tab, any content previously uploaded into ZipSocket in that tab be deleted as soon as possible.
- If your browser goes to sleep or loses connectivity with the ZipSocket for an extended period, any uploaded content is deleted in about 30 minutes.
- You can stage content for an upcoming meeting, and can keep that content active in your browser and in the cloud by staying connected to the site with the browser window.
Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). The Website uses them to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you:
- To present our Website and its contents to you. For example, cookies are used to provide session IDs, and audio files are used to connect you with other users in a meeting.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To keep you up to date about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it. You may opt out of receiving these communications at anytime. See Choices You Have In Disclosure Of Your Information for more information on opting out.
- To enable us to analyze, research and report on the usage of our Website in order to improve the services we provide.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with individuals, companies, or organizations outside of ZipSocket except under one of the following circumstances:
In Order To Run Our Website
- We will share personal information when you actively provide it for the purpose of sharing it with other users. For example, when you type in your participant name to be shown to other participants in your meeting.
- We may share your information with service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
For Legal & Security Reasons
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ZipSocket, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
For Company Transactions
- If ZipSocket is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ZipSocket's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ZipSocket about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information publicly and internally. For example, aggregate usage statistics or demographics of users.
Choices You Have In Disclosure Of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Here are the following ways you can control your personal information on our Website:
Information or Promotional Offers from ZipSocket.
If you have proactively provided your email but you no longer wish to have your contact information used by ZipSocket to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by selecting Unsubscribe on any promotional email we send. This opt out does not apply to information we send to you about purchases, product service experience, or other transactions.
How To Access and Correct Your Information
You can update or delete your participant name anytime directly on the Website using the ZipSocket panel.
How We Secure Your Information
ZipSocket is committed to securing the information you provide us. We take the following measures to protect your information:
- Our Website is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We ensure information you uploaded to the site is deleted after the meeting ends or you have no longer been active on the site.
- We delete audio recordings after your device stops recording.
- We use industry-standard techniques to ensure the security of your data in the cloud.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are uploading and sharing appropriate information with other participants of the meeting.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy please email us at email@example.com.